Business Writing for the Technical Professional: Harness the Writing Process
Aug 16, 2021 /
Course Code: 0803-WEB21
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Define communication process
- Understand why AIAA (attention, interest, attitude, action) is important
- Review the writing process and understand why writing is just part of the process
- Use W5 (who, what, where, when, why) to write email
- Review the structure of reports
Do you find yourself feeling blank when you face the blank page? Do you have a lot to say but don't know where to, or how to, start? Do you suspect your writing tends to go on too long and is not as organized or as focused as it could (or should) be? Have you ever used ASAP in an email message? Do you want to know why you shouldn't use it? Do you want to write more effective proposals or reports? Do you want to write in a more effective and efficient manner? If you answered yes to any of the above questions, this webinar is for you.
- Communication process
- Attention, Interest, Attitude, Action (AIAA)
- Writing process
- Planning and purpose
- Who, what, where, when and why (W5) and email
- Writing Structure
- Writing longer documents and the benefits of outlining
- Paragraphs, numbered and bullet points
- Editing and proofreading tips
Who Should Attend
Anyone looking to become a more effective and efficient email and report writer
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Paul has been a professional writer and writing instructor for over 25 years. He works as a freelance writer, copywriter, editor, media relations consultant and writing workshop leader. Paul has developed and taught report writing, business writing, copywriting, media relations, and other seminars for corporate and non-profit clients and students enrolled in training courses offered by the University of Toronto.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
$99 + taxes
- 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 2 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE