Conflict and How to Deal with it as a New Manager
Feb 18, 2021 /
Course Code: 0222-WEB21
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Effectively listen to become empowered with strategies to resolve conflict situations
- Re-frame negativity into positivity to get agreements and buy-in
- Engage in “solutioneering” to problem solve challenging disputes
- Analyze different conflict personality styles to meet their needs and find solutions
- Effectively deflect conflict with different personalities and build powerful lasting business relationships
How comfortable are you with conflict? As a new manager, especially if you are promoted from within, you will have to establish the credibility and respect that you deserve with your former colleagues. Even if you are a new manager just joining a company, your subordinates and managers will test you until you earn their trust and respect. You may find yourself dealing with challenges from former colleagues, now subordinates who resist your direction and goals. You will be expected to handle conflict between your subordinates.
Conflict is inevitable, but with powerful transformation tools, you will emerge as a strong, respected, yet well liked, supervisor.
- Analyze and strategize using conflict management styles
- Demonstrate effective listening, reframing, confronting
- Practice anger reduction to reach resolution
- Transform discord into accord to resolve disputes
Who Should Attend?
- New managers
- Seasoned supervisors
- Those who are preparing to become a manager
- Eager employees desiring to be acknowledged as respected leaders
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Mari J. Frank, Esq., MA, CIPP is an attorney, professor, author, coach and radio host in practice in Laguna Niguel, California.
She teaches leadership skills, conflict management, negotiations, and mediation to corporate leaders at Brandman University in Irvine California. She mediates business and employment disputes, and trains executives and lawyers in the skills of emotional intelligence, effective leadership, negotiations, and successful conflict resolution.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
$99 + taxes
- 0.15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE