Conflict and How to Deal with it as a New Manager
Mar 11, 2022 /
Course Code: 0347-WEB22
In this webinar you will learn:
- How to effectively listen to become empowered to resolve any conflict
- How to re-frame negativity into positivity to get agreements
- How to engage in “solutioneering”
- How to analyze personality styles to meet the needs of those in conflict
- How to effectively deflect conflict with different personality styles and build powerful lasting business relationships
How comfortable are you with conflict? Do you fight, flee, freeze, or ignore? As a new manager, especially if you are promoted from within, you will have to establish the credibility and respect that you deserve with your former colleagues.
Even if you are a new manager to the company, your subordinates will test you until you earn their trust and respect. You may find yourself dealing with challenges from former colleagues, now subordinates who resist your direction and goals. You will be expected to handle conflict between your subordinates. And you will need to mediate between your managers and those who report to you.
Conflict is inevitable, but with powerful conflict transformation tools, you will emerge as a strong, yet well liked, supervisor.
Who Should Attend?
Motivated, eager employees in a working environment who desire to reach their full potential as great leaders, including:
- Individuals who have recently been (or will soon be) promoted into a role involving management
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Mari J. Frank, Esq., MA, CIPP is an attorney, professor, author, coach and radio host in practice in Laguna Niguel, California.
She teaches leadership skills, conflict management, negotiations, and mediation to corporate leaders at Brandman University in Irvine California. She mediates business and employment disputes, and trains executives and lawyers in the skills of emotional intelligence, effective leadership, negotiations, and successful conflict resolution.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
$115 + taxes
- 0.15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE