Design Options and Phases in Autodesk Revit
Mar 2, 2022 /
Course Code: 12-0343-ONL22
This course is held over a 1/2 day from 1:00 PM- 4:30 PM (Eastern) with 1 - 15 Minute Break.
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Develop multiple options within a single model
- Display different options on sheets
- Learn how Design Options are best used on a project
- Establish phases in a model using best practices
- Control the pashing display of views
- Establish project documents using phasing
Developing a project is not always a linear process. Often, multiple designs need to be considered to refine and develop the optimal solution. Leveraging Revit, multiple design options can be created in a single model, streamlining development and presentation.
Revit is also excellent for multi-phase projects. Having the ability to display existing plans, demolition plans, and new construction plans all in the same model simplifies the management and coordination of the project. Learn how to best approach multi-phase projects in Revit from industry experts.
- Development of Main model for Design Iterations
- Ease of drawing creation with Design Options
- Create and develop Phase timeline in project model
- Develop model within phases of project
Who Should Attend:
- Principals, Owners
- Structural Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Project Managers
- Architectural Technologist/Technicians
- Interior Designers
- Landscape Designers
Please note having Revit installed is highly recommended when taking this course. You can download a 30-day free trial version by visiting the URL below:
Mastering Autodesk Revit 2020 ISBN-13: 978-1119570127, ISBN-10: 1119570123
Available for purchase from Amazon.caMore Information
Time: 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Schedule – ½ Day - 1pm – 4:30pm
- Introduction to Design Options
- Creating Design Options
- Option Sets
- Multiple Options
- Adding elements to design options
- Modifying different options
- 3D elements
- 2D annotation
- How to display the different options
- Main model view
- Views for each option
- Placing views on sheets
- Discuss best practices
- Other uses for design options
- During Design
- During Construction
- Introduction to Phasing in Revit
- Setting up Phases in Revit
- How many phases are actually needed?
- Creating Phase Filters
- Phases and objects
- Creation and demolition of objects
- Displaying the Phases of the project
- Existing views
- Demolition Views
- New Construction Views
- Schedules per phase
Luis Navarrete is a Building Information modeling expert with over 18+ years working within the AEC sector and 15+ years experience with design technologies related to BIM. Luis Navarrete worked as an adjunct professor at George Brown College within the Architectural Studies program where he helped develop and enhanced the Revit studio & BIM lecture classes taught to third year graduates of Architectural Technology and Interior Design Technology.
Mr. Navarrete has also lead a BIM Implementation as Director of Design Technology for NORR ensuring a consistent and up to date use of BIM across various regions in Canada, U.S, UK and UAE. Mr. Navarrete provides consulting services providing strategic and technical guidance for firms utilizing BIM within the Architecture and Engineering sectors. He supports projects delivered with BIM workflows in Waste Water Management, Transportation, Low Rise residential &Multi-Level and projects delivered for a large automotive client in Canada.
Professor Navarrete is a certified Autodesk Revit Expert who is engaged in the most current use of BIM workflows with various firms engaged with him. He has supported and managed various projects using Revit Arch, Revit Struct, Revit MEP, Navisworks, BIM360, Clarity, Codebook, Enscape, Lumion, ArchiCAD, Dynamo and other BIM platforms which will expose students to the latest trends and best practices used by industry leaders today.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$262 + taxes
- 0.3 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 3 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE