Executive Speaking Skills For Women
May 27 - 28, 2021 /
Course Code: 0350-WEB21
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Understand how to speak with your own Leadership Presence
- Project confidence and deliver a strong message with your tone of voice.
- Learn how to get rid of negative speech habits such as um and up tone
- Use persuasive messaging in any situation
- Use notes and PowerPoint by not reading and to enhance your remarks
- Learn and practice finding your most impressive voice
- Use speaking skills of famous female speakers
- Use effective body language
- Learn how to shine when speaking in Virtual settings such as Zoom or conference calls
- Make an impact at networking events
If you are a woman in a traditionally man's role - or in any role - this course is for you!
Women develop different speaking habits than men - and this course will ensure that you use your strongest communication skills and eliminate your bad habits.
We begin with a skills assessment - so that you know exactly the areas you need to improve. And the ones you are already good at. I encourage you to send me a short video so that I can assess your skills and send you the feedback in advance of the course. Also - tell me about yourself and what you want to achieve in this course.
We will discuss the differences between the ways men and women communicate, as well as some pitfalls that women may have a tendency to fall into without intending to.
Now here is the important point --- as women we do not want to act or sound like men - but we do want to sound and act confidently and persuasively at all times. You will learn to identify and get rid of negative habits such as um and uptone”, and the skills to use to speak confidently at meetings, presentations and networking events.
You will learn to be heard!
Teaching Style - Interactive, with feedback.
Who Should Attend
All women who would like to speak with leadership quality
Class size is limited to a maximum of 10 to ensure individual attention.More Information
Time: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
- Welcome and Introduction
- Discussion about differences in communication of men and women
- Discussion of how women develop bad habits and how to get rid of them
- Initial assessment for feedback and skills measurement
- Discussion - communicate persuasively with confidence and comfort
- Learn how to create an exciting presentation
- Learn how to speak with excellent tone, and pacing
- Learn extra tips from famous female public speakers
- Think on your feet- 3 minute warm up
- Learn and practice techniques to lose your fear of public speaking
- Learn and practice how to get rid of “um”, “up tone”, mispronunciations, mumbling and other negative habits
- Learn and practice how to have a great voice
- Learn and practice how to use body language and facial expression to your advantage
- Learn how to use notes and PowerPoint and notes without reading
- Shine when communicating virtually - on Zoom and conference calls
- The importance of clothing
- Final assessments and measurement of improvement
Bonnie Gross BA, DSPA, President SpeechScience Inc.
Combining Speech Pathology and Media Arts, Bonnie has created innovative speaking skills programs with outstanding, measurable results for the past 25 years.
• President, SpeechScience International Inc. (current)
• Former President of the Ontario Speech and Hearing Association.
• Creator and head of the Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology at Toronto's Scarborough General Hospital for 15 years.
• Award recipient - Honours of the Ontario Association of Speech-language Pathology and Audiology for outstanding contribution to the profession.
• Award recipient – Ethnicity – Programming Excellence Award.- A weekly TV show highlighting ethnic issues in the news in Canada.
• Award recipient – Readers Choice Award- Toronto Star – for Best Speech services in Toronto - 2019
• Leadership Speaking Mastery, Accent Reduction, Executive Voice and Speaking skills, Public Speaking, Presence and Charisma courses delivered to – Fortune 500 companies, Schulich, and Ivey Schools of Business, United Nations- New York, and many private clients including Executives, rising Business people, actors and singers.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$545 + taxes
- 0.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 8 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE