Fundamentals of BIM Coordination with Autodesk Navisworks Manage
Mar 20, 2023 /
Course Code: 13-1161-ONL22
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of how software can improve coordination on projects
- Develop the ability to federate multiple file types
- Comprehend and apply best practice techniques to run interference analysis
- Utilize software to simulate construction sequencing
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is no longer an emerging idea. It has solidified itself as the future of delivering projects in the AEC industry and is being requested by an increasing number of clients.
Autodesk Navisworks Manage is a very popular model coordination tool, used in nearly every BIM project. 3D coordination is an integral part of the BIM process and gaining the ability to find interferences before construction begins is incredibly valuable. Further, simulating construction sequencing provides a deeper understanding of the process, leading to improved efficiency on site. Learn how to master Navisworks Manage and take your project collaboration to the next level.
- Principles of model coordination
- Navigating Navisworks Manage
- Integrating various file types
- Conducting interference analysis
- Create a 4D simulation and animate the construction sequence
Who Should Attend
- Project Managers
- Architectural Technologist/Technicians
- Interior Designers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Structural Engineers
Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Schedule – 1 Day - 10:00am– 5:00pm
- How BIM helps with coordination
- What is Clash Detection?
- Manage vs. Simulate vs. Freedom
- Navisworks Interface
- Dockable Windows
- Integrating Design Models
- Revit Exports
- Building a Coordination Model
- NWC vs. NWF vs. NWD
- Appending various discipline models
- Updating design models
- Reviewing Design Models
- Selection Tree
- Element Properties
- Search Sets
- Clash Detection
- Creating Clash Tests
- Reviewing Clashes
- Creating Reports
- 4D Simulation
- Combining a schedule with Modeled Elements
- Simulating Construction Sequences
Patrick Lalonde has over 12 years of experience in BIM and Virtual Design & Construction technology within the Architecture, Engineering and Construction sectors. As an early adopter of BIM, Patrick joined EllisDon in 2011 as a BIM Coordinator and since led the implementation of BIM/VDC technology on major building, civil infrastructure, and heritage restoration projects. Patrick is now Director of Virtual Design & Construction Operations at EllisDon and continues to play a key role as an industry leader and advocate for advancing innovation in AEC technology. In 2018 Patrick joined faculty at Algonquin College as a part-time instructor of the BIM Lifecycle Management program to share his experience and help prepare the next generation of technology leaders.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$525 + taxes
- 0.7 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 7 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE