Going from a Peer to a Manager and Getting Respect
Jun 2, 2023 /
Course Code: 0611-WEB23
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Use the power of influence to become a successful new manager
- Utilize active listening to gain a keen understanding of former peers and superiors
- Effectively communicate to inspire and persuade/negotiate with different personality styles
- Boost your emotional intelligence to thrive in your new position
- Attain the trust and respect of your former peers and superiors
Most new managers promoted from within have a challenge to overcome the perception that a former peer is still just a colleague - not a manager. As a new manager, you will need the tools to establish yourself as a confident leader, and a trusted, respected supervisor.
Your ability to communicate authentically, and display a competent, caring yet professional manner will determine your success at receiving the respect you deserve. You must learn excellent communication and negotiation skills which are vital to become a top-notch manager. With effective, easy to use communication and negotiation, you will become a respected leader and manager.
- Developing your influence power to motivate
- Communicating for success
- Using emotional intelligence to positively connect and inspire
- Understanding yourself and others to build confidence
- Using powerful negotiating skills to earn respect as a manager
Who Should Attend?
Motivated, eager employees in a working environment who desire to reach their full potential as great leaders, including:
- Individuals who have recently been (or will soon be) promoted into a role involving management
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Mari J. Frank, Esq., MA, CIPP is an attorney, professor, mediator, author, coach and radio host in practice in Apollo Beach, Florida.
She has taught leadership skills, conflict management, negotiations, and mediation to corporate leaders at the University of California, Brandman University and Western State College of Law. She mediates business and employment disputes, and trains executives and lawyers in the skills of emotional intelligence, effective leadership, negotiations, and successful conflict resolution.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
$115 + taxes
- 0.15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE