Harness the Business Writing Process (Report Writing)
Feb 14, 2023 /
Course Code: 0206-WEB23
After participating in this course, you will be able to
- Follow the writing process
- Plan and outline documents
- Write from outline point to point
- Properly structure reports
- Understand importance of proofread your work
If you want to become an effective and efficient writer--writing reports that answer questions, solve problems, sell products or service or generate action--then this webinar is for you. At the heart of the workshop is an introduction to, and understanding of, the five-stage writing process: Planning, Research, Outline, Writing, Revision.
The workshop then shows you how to structure reports and how to apply the writing process to report writing. Based on the instructor's book, Harness the Business Writing Process, the writing process information can be applied to any type of writing, although this webinar looks specifically at applying it to report writing.
The webinar also includes an overview of how to make the writing of sentences and paragraphs as clear, as strong and as error-free as possible.
- Writing process overview: Planning, Research, Outline, Writing, Revision
- Why follow the writing process
- Detailed review: planning
- Detailed review: importance of the outline
- Report structure(s): introduction, executive summary, body, conclusion, recommendation
- Applying writing process to report writing
- Sentence structure
- Types of paragraphs
- Proofread your work
Who Should Attend
- No matter the industry, anybody who writes business reports will benefit from this webinar.
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Kristen translates technical ideas and benefits into relatable terms customers can understand. She doesn’t “dumb down” ideas, which can be condescending. Instead, she breaks down complicated ideas into simpler, more relatable forms.
She started doing this 20 years ago as a land developer and civil engineer. Kristen made sure non-specialists could understand a complicated project—and she’d persuade them to support it.
If politicians and stakeholders didn’t understand or support a project, it wouldn’t get approved. And that would mean hundreds of thousands of dollars in investment—and millions of dollars in profits—lost.
Kristen secured hundreds of approvals for residential, commercial, and telecom clients. She uses those skills to help tech companies explain their products and services to their customers.
Kristen specializes in white papers, lead magnets, sales-funnel content, strategy and training. Her clients include government contractors, engineers, marketing agencies, the Linux Foundation, and IBM.
She recently won awards for chatbot writing and for white paper writing. She’s an AWAI Certified Copywriter, White Paper Specialist, Chatbot Writer, and Email Specialist. She also retains her PE license in Maryland.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$149 + taxes
- 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 2 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE