How to Create & Deliver a Powerful Elevator Pitch
Jan 28, 2021 /
Course Code: 0121-WEB21
By participating in the course, you will:
- Write a complete elevator pitch you can use in any situation
- Practice speaking your elevator pitch with instructor feedback to help you sound relaxed and engaging.
- Adapt your pitch to Zoom delivery.
- Adapt your pitch to the current COVID 19 times.
How often do you have to answer the most difficult question - Tell me about yourself ----"?
Don't be stuck with nothing interesting to say --- take this course and always be prepared.
This is the elevator pitch everyone HAS to plan - but nobody WANTS to make.
This course will teach you exactly how to plan and deliver the answer to this question with confidence and presence in any situation (not just in elevators).
We start with a discussion of the relevance, importance, and purpose of introducing yourself to others with presence and charisma. We will answer the questions:
- What are you nervous about? (You are talking about your best subject -YOU!)
- What do other people want/need to know about you?
Next, each participant will learn the steps of creating your pitch - and write it.
- We will adapt the pitch to current COVID 19 times.
- The instructor will hear your pitch and give feedback.
- And finally each participant will speak their pitch out loud - using methods of voice and presence.
- You will receive instruction on how to sound and look effective on ZOOM.
- Each participant will receive personal feedback and tips to speak confidently, with presence.
- Each participant will receive a video of themselves delivering their pitch.
There will be lots of opportunity for Q and A.
Teaching Style - Interactive
Who Should Attend
This course is for all audiences.
Time: 12:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
You will learn and practice:
- How to plan your remarks, so they capture and hold the attention of your listeners. (and don’t sound planned)
- How to learn your “pitch” so you sound spontaneous (and not memorized)
- How to expand your remarks on the spot
- How to “recover” from a “mistake”- so no one knows you’ve made a mistake.
- The “rules of engagement” i.e. how to speak with:
- engaging intonation
- an engaging voice
- engaging eye contact and body language
- excellent pacing
- The importance of clothing and grooming
- Adapt your pitch to current COVID 19 times
- Adapt your pitch to online delivery
Bonnie Gross BA, DSPA, President SpeechScience Inc.
Combining Speech Pathology and Media Arts, Bonnie has created innovative speaking skills programs with outstanding, measurable results for the past 25 years.
• President, SpeechScience International Inc. (current)
• Former President of the Ontario Speech and Hearing Association.
• Creator and head of the Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology at Toronto's Scarborough General Hospital for 15 years.
• Award recipient - Honours of the Ontario Association of Speech-language Pathology and Audiology for outstanding contribution to the profession.
• Award recipient – Ethnicity – Programming Excellence Award.- A weekly TV show highlighting ethnic issues in the news in Canada.
• Award recipient – Readers Choice Award- Toronto Star – for Best Speech services in Toronto - 2019
• Leadership Speaking Mastery, Accent Reduction, Executive Voice and Speaking skills, Public Speaking, Presence and Charisma courses delivered to – Fortune 500 companies, Schulich, and Ivey Schools of Business, United Nations- New York, and many private clients including Executives, rising Business people, actors and singers.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$199 + taxes
- 0.25 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 2.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE