Leadership Speaking Mastery
May 18 - 19, 2021 /
Course Code: 0244-WEB21
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Create a strong, engaging presentation
- Deliver a persuasive message to small and large audiences
- Learn to use techniques of famous public speakers
- Use your tone and pacing for clarity and to hold the interest of your audience
- Improve your voice projection, voice pitch and resonance
- Eliminate negative speech habits, such as um”, up tone, etc.
- Use notes and PowerPoint effectively
- Use effective body language and facial expression
- Lose your fear of Public Speaking
- Grasp and keep your listeners' attention in meetings and presentations
So many of us fear presenting in front of a group.
This course will teach you the skills and provide you with the personal feedback you need, to capture and hold the attention of your listeners - whether it is at a meeting, a presentation. You will learn to speak confidently and persuasively, without fear.
We will start with an individual skills assessment- so that you will receive, in writing, exactly the areas you need to improve, as well as the areas of presenting you are good at! (we don't want to change those!) I encourage participants to send in a very short video of yourself presenting, so that the assessment can be done in advance.
We start with picking a topic to present.
Then you will learn how to plan, write, and organize your remarks so that you immediately capture the attention of your listeners, and hold it throughout.
Each participant will learn and practice how to use your voice, tone, and pacing to sound confident and impressive. You will also receive instructor feedback and make continuous improvement throughout the course.
If you usually use slides or notes - you will learn to use them effectively and powerfully - but not depend on them.
There will be time for Q and A throughout to ensure your improvement.
Each participant will receive a video of their presentation with all the improved skills.
Teaching Style - Interactive, with feedback.
Who Should Attend
This course is for all audiences.
Class size is limited to a maximum of 10 to ensure individual attention.More Information
Time: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
- Welcome and Introduction
- Workshop preview
- Initial assessment for feedback and skills measurement
- Learn how to create an exciting presentation
- Learn how to speak with excellent tone, and pacing
- Learn extra tips from famous public speakers
- Think on your feet- 3 minute warm up
- Learn and practice techniques to lose your fear of public speaking
- Learn and practice how to get rid of “um”, “up tone”, mispronunciations, mumbling and other negative habits
- Learn and practice how to have a great voice
- Learn and practice how to use body language and facial expression to your advantage
- Learn how to use notes and PowerPoint to your advantage
- Final assessments to show your improvement
Bonnie Gross BA, DSPA, President SpeechScience Inc.
Combining Speech Pathology and Media Arts, Bonnie has created innovative speaking skills programs with outstanding, measurable results for the past 25 years.
• President, SpeechScience International Inc. (current)
• Former President of the Ontario Speech and Hearing Association.
• Creator and head of the Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology at Toronto's Scarborough General Hospital for 15 years.
• Award recipient - Honours of the Ontario Association of Speech-language Pathology and Audiology for outstanding contribution to the profession.
• Award recipient – Ethnicity – Programming Excellence Award.- A weekly TV show highlighting ethnic issues in the news in Canada.
• Award recipient – Readers Choice Award- Toronto Star – for Best Speech services in Toronto - 2019
• Leadership Speaking Mastery, Accent Reduction, Executive Voice and Speaking skills, Public Speaking, Presence and Charisma courses delivered to – Fortune 500 companies, Schulich, and Ivey Schools of Business, United Nations- New York, and many private clients including Executives, rising Business people, actors and singers.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$545 + taxes
- 0.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 8 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE