Metaverse for Technical Professionals
Oct 23, 2024 /
Course Code: 1016-WEB24
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Define the Metaverse and how it differs from previous generations of the Internet
- Identify at least 10 social and technological forces that are driving the development of the Metaverse
- List at least 20 Metaverse case studies and success stories
- Describe at least three ways the enterprise Metaverse is different than the consumer Metaverse
- Explain at least 12 ways the Metaverse will impact the technical and engineering professions
This course provides a concise overview and non-technical explanation of the Metaverse. This is an ecosystem of immersive digital environments and creative reality simulations where people do everything they do in real life -- only in digital space.
The Metaverse is expected to take shape over the next decade with the rapid convergence of technologies such as AR (augmented reality), VR (virtual reality), IoT (Internet of Things), 5G, blockchain, and cloud computing. Countless companies -- from big tech to the Big Four -- have already announced ambitious plans to contribute to this virtual world.
Ultimately, the metaverse represents the natural evolution of the Internet and the next phase of the mobile web. You'll walk away with a foundational understanding of key Metaverse concepts and how to prepare for this new technology frontier.
- What is the Metaverse?
- A Brief History of the Metaverse
- Key Social, Economic and Technology Forces Driving the Metaverse
- Metaverse Case Studies from Around the World
- The Economic Impact of the Metaverse: Leading Forecasts
- The Enterprise Metaverse
- How the Metaverse will Impact the Accounting Profession
Who Will Benefit/Target Audience:
Practitioners who want a basic, non-technical understanding of the Metaverse and how to set themselves up for long-term success in this new digital business landscape and creative reality frontier.
A basic understanding of technical and engineering principles and a familiarity with digital technology is recommended before enrolling in this course.
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
InstructorGarrett Wasny, MA, CMC, CITP
Garrett has over two decades of Internet experience and is an award-winning Internet speaker, webcaster, professional development technologist and former management adviser for Price Waterhouse.
Since 1995, he's authored three books (World Business Resources.com, How to Conquer the World, Advanced Googling), published hundreds of articles and columns in leading business and lifestyle publications, and delivered more than 1,000 seminars and webinars on Internet strategy. His clients include Fortune 500 companies and leading accounting, engineering, medical, legal and professional sports organizations worldwide.
Full Disclosure: Garrett is an independent Certified Management Consultant (CMC) who provides objective information and is not affiliated with Google or any of the technologies discussed in the course.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$115 + taxes
- 0.15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 1.5 Continuing Professional Development Hours (PDHs/CPDs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE