Negotiating Better Engineering Contracts
Feb 3, 2021 /
Course Code: 0218-WEB21
After Participating in This Course, You Will Be Able to:
- Understand how we all use negotiation every day in our lives and its impact
- Realize the useful nature of conflict
- Understand how to do specific planning for contract negotiation
- Realize there are effective strategies and tactics for contract negotiation
- Understand the proper seven step sequence for successful negotiations of engineering contracts
As we deal with those that we live with, work with, and do contractual business with, we must resolve our differences to reach successful outcomes. Often we do not understand the true nature of our conflicts and what it takes to resolve them.
This course will delve into understanding this process. There are many specific steps we should take to plan and execute a successful negotiating session. There are also specific strategies and tactics that will help achieve that success.
- What is Negotiation
- Understand Conflict and Various Negotiating Styles
- The Impact of Negotiation on Our Lives
- Qualifications and Skills of Effective Negotiators
- Planning for Your Negotiation
- Conducting a Negotiation Session
- Strategies and Tactics to Use During a Negotiation Session
- The Seven Step Sequence to Negotiating Better Engineering Contracts
Who Should Attend:
This webinar will benefit anyone in your organization who helps plan and or participates in reaching agreements with your clients. It could also help those who have technical input on the project’s execution to those doing the negotiation. Primary target are Project Managers, Senior Sales/Marketing Managers and firm Principals.
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Gary Bates, a partner in the management consulting firm of Roenker Bates Group, is a former construction industry senior executive and educator. He has specialized in the techniques of "effective management through positive communication" and "systems for continuous improvement."
As a registered professional engineer, Gary has nearly three decades of experience in the management of organizations and related design and construction projects valued over $1 billion for domestic and international markets. This included the general management of a 5 office, 700 employee architectural/engineering operations and the development of a new engineering market in Europe and Africa. The last twenty-three years have involved a wide variety of consultation, facilitation, and training programs for numerous organizations, mostly in the design, construction, and health care industries. He is known nationally for his expertise in partnering, team-building, contract negotiations, and effective communication, and has facilitated or presented at over 600 workshops, seminars, or meetings throughout the US and abroad.
He received his Bachelor and Master of Science in Civil Engineering from the University of Kentucky. Gary is an active member of the American Arbitration Association and former member of Rotary International. He is active in many other professional and civic organizations including the American Society of Civil Engineers, for which he is the Editor-Emeritus of the Journal of Management in Engineering, an international publication. He is the co-author of the book Win-Win Negotiating: A Professional's Playbook. Gary has been listed in many biographical registries, including Who’s Who in the Midwest and Who’s Who in Science and Engineering.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
$175 + taxes
- 0.15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE