Resume Writing for Engineers and Technical Professionals
Feb 1, 2024 /
Course Code: 0201-WEB24
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Write a resume that highlights your education, experience, skills and abilities
- Use your credentials to demonstrate your capabilities
- Demonstrate your ability to communicate as part of a team
- Present your management skills and accomplishments
Do you want to launch a successful job search? Does your résumé showcase your education, experience, skills and abilities? Does it speak to your strengths and highlight your accomplishments?
Learn to create a résumé that communicates clearly and gives you a competitive edge!
In today’s job market, employer needs are constantly evolving. in terms of style and content, your resume should be an informative and attention-grabbing document. Learn the resume writing techniques that present your technical and personal skills and highlight your accomplishments and knowledge! And create cover letters that summarize your strengths and abilities.
- Identify your education, work experience, skills, abilities and accomplishments
- Review resume formats; pick the one that will work best for you
- Use action verbs when outlining your skills, abilities and accomplishments
- Customize your resume to the job(s) you are applying for
- Customize a cover letter that sells your skills, abilities and accomplishments
Who Should Attend
Anyone looking to write a more effective resume
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Kristen translates technical ideas and benefits into relatable terms customers can understand. She doesn’t “dumb down” ideas, which can be condescending. Instead, she breaks down complicated ideas into more straightforward, relatable forms.
She started doing this 20 years ago as a land developer and civil engineer. Kristen ensured non-specialists could understand a complicated project—and she’d persuade them to support it.
If politicians and stakeholders didn’t understand or support a project, it wouldn’t get approved. And that would mean hundreds of thousands of dollars in investment—and millions of dollars in profits—lost.
Kristen secured hundreds of approvals for residential, commercial, and telecom clients. She uses those skills to help tech companies explain their products and services to their customers.
Kristen specializes in white papers, lead magnets, sales-funnel content, strategy and training. Her clients include government contractors, engineers, marketing agencies, the Linux Foundation, and IBM.
She recently won awards for chatbot writing and for white paper writing. She’s an AWAI Certified Copywriter, White Paper Specialist, Chatbot Writer, and Email Specialist. She also retains her PE license in Maryland.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$75 + taxes
- 0.1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 1 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE