Revit with Dynamo - Fundamentals
Jan 25, 2021 /
Course Code: 11-0134-ONL21
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand what Dynamo use for visual programing
- Understand basic the use of nodes, strings and scripts for visual programming
- Develop basic scripts with parametric editing
- Connect Revit interface commands to Dynamo coding
- Create a basic Dynamo script to make parametric changes to Revit model
- Receive new custom script to be used on any project model
With the adoption of Autodesk Revit within the AEC industry the need to use Revit beyond the out of the box utilities becomes clear to any firm using Revit as its main authoring platform. Dynamo is a visual scripting software that allows the enhanced use of model development, editing and analysis through the development of customized scripts. Students will be taken through a basic introduction to Dynamo and the interface. This session will allow for the potential of advanced script creation.
At course completion each student will develop a customization in dynamo to edit a Revit model with parametric control.
- Visual Programing Explained
- Dynamo Interface navigation for coding and geometric control
- Custom Scripting with real world exercises and examples provided
Who Should Attend
- Principals, Owners
- Structural Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Project Managers
- Architectural Technologist/Technicians
- Interior Designers
- Landscape Designers
https://primer.dynamobim.org/ - The Dynamo Primer website
Time: 10:00 AM - 2:30 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
This course is held over 1 day, 10:00am-2:30pm Eastern. *********************************************************************************
- Visual Programing Examples
- Dynamo Interface
- Basic Scripting for functions and Operators
- Control insertion of geometry and nodes
- Create custom script in Dynamo
- Connect Dynamo Script with Revit model file
Luis Navarrete is a Building Information modeling expert with over 18+ years working within the AEC sector and 15+ years experience with design technologies related to BIM. Luis Navarrete worked as an adjunct professor at George Brown College within the Architectural Studies program where he helped develop and enhanced the Revit studio & BIM lecture classes taught to third year graduates of Architectural Technology and Interior Design Technology.
Mr. Navarrete has also lead a BIM Implementation as Director of Design Technology for NORR ensuring a consistent and up to date use of BIM across various regions in Canada, U.S, UK and UAE. Mr. Navarrete provides consulting services providing strategic and technical guidance for firms utilizing BIM within the Architecture and Engineering sectors. He supports projects delivered with BIM workflows in Waste Water Management, Transportation, Low Rise residential &Multi-Level and projects delivered for a large automotive client in Canada.
Professor Navarrete is a certified Autodesk Revit Expert who is engaged in the most current use of BIM workflows with various firms engaged with him. He has supported and managed various projects using Revit Arch, Revit Struct, Revit MEP, Navisworks, BIM360, Clarity, Codebook, Enscape, Lumion, ArchiCAD, Dynamo and other BIM platforms which will expose students to the latest trends and best practices used by industry leaders today.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$345 + taxes
- 0.45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 4.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE