Speaking Virtually - With Presence and Charisma
Feb 4, 2021 /
Course Code: 0243-WEB21
After participating in the course, you will:
- Know the hidden differences between in person and virtual communication
- Know how to feel more comfortable with virtual communication.
- Learn how to build TRUST - in a virtual world
- Learn the 6 most effective Virtual Communication habits
- Learn to prepare effective remarks for virtual meetings and presentations
- Learn techniques to improve your voice
- Use effective body language, gestures and facial expression when you are ”up close and personal”
- Learn to use effective voice expression and pacing in virtual meetings
- Learn how to enhance your virtual appearance
- Learn how to set your virtual environment to enhance your on-line presence.
Prepare for tomorrow!
We are now all living the new normal - that is, we are meeting and presenting online almost all the time. This will continue after the pandemic - and we all need to be not only ready for it - but good at it! This course will each you the speaking and communication skills you need to build trust and to come across with charisma and presence in a virtual world.
We start with discussion of the differences and challenges of online/virtual communication vs in-person communication- and how to handle these so that you are always look and act your best online.
You will learn how to speak so that others feel that you are speaking right to them- just as if you were in a room together.
We will cover how to handle allowing everyone to participate, virtual q and a, and presenting to keep the attention of your audience.
And finally - you will learn how to look your best on camera, how to position your microphone for your best voice, lighting, your background, the best clothing for camera and so much more.
Teaching Style - Interactive
Who Should Attend
This course is for all audiences.
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Bonnie Gross BA, DSPA, President SpeechScience Inc.
Combining Speech Pathology and Media Arts, Bonnie has created innovative speaking skills programs with outstanding, measurable results for the past 25 years.
• President, SpeechScience International Inc. (current)
• Former President of the Ontario Speech and Hearing Association.
• Creator and head of the Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology at Toronto's Scarborough General Hospital for 15 years.
• Award recipient - Honours of the Ontario Association of Speech-language Pathology and Audiology for outstanding contribution to the profession.
• Award recipient – Ethnicity – Programming Excellence Award.- A weekly TV show highlighting ethnic issues in the news in Canada.
• Award recipient – Readers Choice Award- Toronto Star – for Best Speech services in Toronto - 2019
• Leadership Speaking Mastery, Accent Reduction, Executive Voice and Speaking skills, Public Speaking, Presence and Charisma courses delivered to – Fortune 500 companies, Schulich, and Ivey Schools of Business, United Nations- New York, and many private clients including Executives, rising Business people, actors and singers.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$199 + taxes
- 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 2 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE