Strategies for Mitigating Project Risks
Oct 15, 2020 /
Course Code: 1061-WEB20
After participating in this course attendees will:
- Understand current construction industry trends that produce the greatest challenges and risks to successful project completion;
- Learn how projects end up completing late and over budget;
- Be exposed to strategies that can be implemented during the design and planning phases of a project to mitigate cost and schedule risks; and
- Learn how to develop and implement effective management tools and processes that will enhance the probability for project success.
Construction inherently carries many risks. Few programs or projects complete without changes and few change requests are totally without merit. Research shows that disputes do not magically appear during construction. Failure to actively plan for, manage, and mitigate risks can have profound consequences on the successful delivery of a capital project including delays to project delivery, budget overruns, claims and disputes, and wasted resources.
The most cost effective time to manage risks and mitigate disputes is early in the project lifecycle. This webinar provide owners, contractors, procurement managers, and internal audit managers with leading practices, insights, and strategies for mitigating project risks gained from the presenter's experience analyzing hundreds of complex construction projects around the globe.
- Risk Mitigation Strategies: An Overview
- Risk Mitigation Strategies: Program Planning Phase
- Risk Mitigation Strategies: Pre-Construction Phase
- Risk Mitigation Strategies: Construction Phase
- Questions and Answers
Who Should Attend?
- Public and private owners and their representatives
- Purchasing and procurement professionals
- General contractors and subcontractors
- Internal Audit professionals
Attendees will receive
- Templates and advice for creating project risk management plans;
- Tips for early identification and mitigation of issues that challenge the project budget and completion of the project; and
- Communication tools for lessons learned and project opportunities.
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Jim is the Senior Advisor to the recently formed Ankura Construction Forum™.
The Forum strives to be the construction industry’s resource for thought leadership and best practices on avoidance and resolution of construction project disputes globally. Jim was the founder and Executive Director of the Navigant Construction Forum™. Formerly he was the Executive Director, Corporate Claims Management Group, Fluor Corporation, one of the world’s largest EPCM contractors. Prior to this Jim was Vice President of PinnacleOne and Executive Director of the PinnacleOne Institute and a Senior Construction Claims Consultant for CH2M HILL, Inc.
He has, for 46 years, worked on both private and public projects throughout the U.S. and in 28 countries abroad. Jim has worked for both contractors and owners on more than 5,000 claims in his career. He a Fellow of AACE International, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and the International Guild of Project Controls. In the construction claims field, he is a recognized and published expert in mitigation, analysis and resolution or defense of construction claims and disputes. Jim is a Certified Construction Manager (CCM), a Certified Forensic Claims Consultant (CFCC), and a Project Management Professional (PMP).
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$149 + taxes
- 0.15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE
REQUEST A QUOTE
- course updates
- informative articles/papers
- exclusive discounts