Upskilling for Engineers and Technical Professionals
Aug 4, 2021 /
Course Code: 0801-WEB21
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Identify how to self-educate and develop your own talent stack
- Navigate leading platforms that can assist in developing new competencies
- Review how to sharpen your skills in a world radically transformed by major technology change
- Explore proven upskilling models
- Prepare a basic upskilling strategy for your operations and career
The course provides a concise overview of upskilling - investing in professional development and training to help employees develop new abilities and minimize skill gaps. Discover which enterprise and accounting skills are forecast to be in growing demand in the 2020s and beyond.
Explore how organizations across Canada and around the world are retraining their own staff to fulfill the talent needs of a rapidly changing economy.
- What is Upskilling?
- Upskilling Benefits and Challenges
- Top Upskilling Priorities of Engineers
- 18 Types of Upskilling Models
- 10 Upskilling Strategies for Engineers
- Help Resources
- Key Takeaways
Who Should Attend:
Those practitioners who want an introductory and non-technical understanding of upskilling including:
Design Engineers • Facility Engineers • Engineering Consultants • Material Managers • Facility Operators • Project Managers
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
InstructorGarrett Wasny, MA, CMC, CITP
Garrett has more than two decades of Internet experience and is an award-winning Internet speaker, webcaster, professional development technologist and former management adviser for Price Waterhouse.
Since 1995, he's authored three books (World Business Resources.com, How to Conquer the World, Advanced Googling), published hundreds of articles and columns in leading business and lifestyle publications, and delivered more than 1,000 seminars and webinars on Internet strategy. His clients include Fortune 500 companies and leading accounting, engineering, medical, legal and professional sports organizations worldwide.
Full Disclosure: Garrett is an independent Certified Management Consultant (CMC) who provides objective information, and is not affiliated with Google or any of the technologies discussed in the course.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$99 + taxes
- 0.15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE