Basics of Boiler Water Treatment
Feb 26, 2019 /
Course Code: 0207-WEB19
After participating in this webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify the types of boilers used in industrial and domestic applications and recognize the principles of boiler operation
- Understand boiler water chemistry and identify chemical processes and techniques for the removal of water impurities
- Develop a better understanding of the external treatment processes for the boiler feed water
- Develop a better understanding of the conditioning and internal treatment processes for boiler water
- Explain the treatment processes used in condensate systems
- Identify causes and mechanisms of encountered problems, and recommend solutions related to boiler water chemistry
This webinar will discuss the types and specifications of boilers used in industrial or domestic applications and will focus on the pretreatment processes for boiler feed water as well as the internal treatment and conditioning of boiler water. Water treatment processes to prevent scaling, corrosion and foaming will be discussed with emphasis on clarification, softening, ion exchange, evaporation, reverse osmosis and de-aeration.
The use of condensate systems and associated treatment processes will also be addressed.
- Types and specifications of boilers
- Purpose of boiler water treatment
- Objectives of external and internal treatment of boiler water
- Treatment processes used for the boiler feed water: External treatment
- Treatment and conditioning processes during internal treatment of boiler water
- Benefits of using condensate systems
- Treatment processes in condensate systems
- Typical problems and solutions related to boiler water chemistry
Who Should Attend:
Engineers • operators and technicians involved in the operation, control, management and maintenance of boilers and power generators • environmental engineers • industrial staff • consulting engineers and chemists involved in boiler water treatment • municipal planners • regulators and supervisors of boilers and steam generators
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Laleh Yerushalmi is the Chief Technology Officer of BioCAST Systems Inc. and Dagua Technologies Inc. She holds a Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering and specializes in Environmental and Biochemical Engineering.
She is a professional engineer and member of l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec. Laleh is the inventor of BioCAST technologies and is currently in charge of research and development at BioCAST Systems Inc. and Dagua Technologies Inc. Laleh has more than twenty years of experience in the design, development and optimization of chemical and biological processes for wastewater treatment and site bioremediation.
She was formerly the Director of Research and Development, in charge of operation management and performance optimization of a proprietary wastewater treatment technology at Atara Corporation in Montreal. She has also been a Research Analyst at Statistics Canada, involved in environmental modeling, design and development of methodologies for the estimation of environmental emissions. She was formerly a Research Officer at the National Research Council of Canada, responsible for the design and development of groundwater treatment technologies. Laleh teaches and supervises graduate research theses at McGill and Concordia Universities. She has presented the results of her research in numerous conferences and has published more than ninety articles in scientific journals.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
- 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 2 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
$175 + taxesRegister
REQUEST A QUOTE
- course updates
- informative articles/papers
- exclusive discounts