Pavement Design 101
Jan 21, 2019 /
Course Code: 0104-WEB19
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize and use current common pavement design procedures
- Understand common design and construction features that are important to the performance of both asphalt and concrete pavements
- Understand pavement distress types and causes
- Complete a simple AASHTO 93 pavement structural design
- Communicate and promote good road design and construction practices
This webinar provides an introduction to the design of flexible and rigid pavements. The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) 1993 pavement design procedure is covered along with an introduction to the new AASHTOWare Pavement Design ME mechanistic-empirical design method. The webinar covers the primary design, specification and construction factors that contribute to the long-term functional and structural performance of pavement.
Positive and negative design features and construction conditions are presented to provide a good understanding of what we can do better to ensure the cost-effective use of transportation investments.
- Primary features of major pavement types
- Factors affecting pavement performance
- Typical pavement failure modes
- Pavement distresses, types and severities
- Inputs affecting pavement design
- Traffic and subgrade types
- Examples using the AASHTO design procedure
Who Should Attend
Those involved in the design, evaluation and management of pavements, including: Engineers • Architects • Technologists and Technicians • Municipal Infrastructure staff • Transportation/Assets personnel • Roadway Agency Owners
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Dave is a principal engineer with ARA Transportation & has over 30 years of experience in the design, evaluation, and management of pavements. He has developed and completed numerous pavement design and management courses for government and private sector agencies.
A regular technical contributor to technical conferences worldwide, Mr. Hein is past chair of multiple engineering committees for the Transportation Association of Canada, FWD Users Group, American Society of Civil Engineers and the World Road Association.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
- 0.1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 1 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
$175 + taxesRegister
REQUEST A QUOTE
- course updates
- informative articles/papers
- exclusive discounts