3 Phase Fault Analysis
Mar 6, 2019 /
Course Code: 0306-WEB19
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize short circuit occurrences
- Identify fault parameters
- Use symmetrical components for fault calculations
- Use Asymmetrical Three Phase Fault Analysis
- Use KVA or MVA Method for Fault Calculation/Coordination and recognize Real-Time Fault Recordings
This course is designed to provide a basic understanding of power system short circuit calculations and analysis. It will provide the student with the background knowledge on which the modern day computer software programs are based. This webinar requires a firm understanding of topics within “Symmetrical Components” and “Per-Unit System Analysis” (each offered as EPIC webinars and as a webinar series).
- The Importance of Short Circuit Knowledge
- Types of Faults
- Fault Parameters
- Asymmetrical Three Phase Fault Analysis
- Examples of Short Circuit Calculations
- Real Time Balanced and Unbalanced Fault Recorder Analysis
Who Should Attend:
Those looking to work in the protection and control area of power systems and wish to have a more comprehensive understanding of the basic workings of this area.
- Maintenance Workers
Complete reference material will be available in the form of PDF files and direct reference to internet resources.
Time: 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
This course is 1 day - 2 hours in duration
15-25 The Importance of Short Circuit Knowledge
25-40 Types and Examples of Faults
40-60 Fault Parameters
60-80 Asymmetrical Three Phase Fault Analysis
80-120 Examples of Short Circuit Calculations
InstructorGraham Van Brunt
Graham graduated from Queen's University and has spent his entire career in the power sector of engineering, applying his skills in protection and control internationally.
- AECON - Nuclear
- Wardrop Engineering
- Churchill Falls Labrador Corp.
- DST Consulting Engineers
- Ontario Hydro
- Confederation College (Thunder Bay)
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
- 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 2 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
$175 + taxesRegister
REQUEST A QUOTE
- course updates
- informative articles/papers
- exclusive discounts