Structural Modelling: Behavior and Modelling of Different Lateral Load Structural Systems
Apr 8, 2019 /
Course Code: 0406-WEB19
After participating in this course you will be able to:
- Recognize different types of structural system used to provide lateral resistance for buildings
- Identify suitable lateral load structural system for each building
- Understand the behavior of different lateral load structural systems
- Understand the finite element modelling of different structural components
This webinar covers an introduction to the behavior of different lateral load structural resisting systems under lateral loads. As well, this webinar discusses the different methods to develop finite element models that accurately simulates the behavior of different lateral load structural system.
Note: It is strongly recommended that you take all four webinars to gain a full understanding of Structural Modelling High-rise and Industrial Buildings
Sophisticated three-dimensional modelling, that truly simulates different types of buildings, requires engineers to understand the complex behavior of different lateral load structural systems and structural modelling using basic knowledge of Finite Element Method. This webinar series provides an opportunity to learn the principles and techniques of structural modelling of different types of structures under lateral loads such as wind and seismic. The concepts and theories are explained thoroughly with conceptual examples, with no full numerical example due to the time restrain.
Course Outline :
- Different types of structural systems used to provide lateral resistance of different structures
- Analysis and modelling of frame structures under lateral loads
- Analysis and modelling of shearwall structures considering torsional effects
- Analysis and modelling of coupled shearwall buildings
- Behavior and modelling of wall-frame buildings
Who Should Attend:
- Structural Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Engineering Consultants
- Project Engineers
- City Engineers
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Mahdy is the president and founder of Intelligent Engineering Design Ltd. (IE Design) and an Adjunct Research and Assistant Professor LDA at the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at The University of Western Ontario.
He has over 15 years of experience in teaching, research and consulting in structural engineering. He was consulted on major projects in Canada, Middle-East and Gulf Area, conducting complete analysis and design of several high-rise, mid-rise, industrial buildings and bridges in more than 6 countries. He is a member of the Educational Committee (FLC – Canada) Council on Tall Buildings & Urban Habitat and of the task committee on Electrical Transmission Line Structural Loading responsible for updating the American Society of Civil Engineers Manual of Practice 74. Mahdy was the recipient of the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship, the most prestigious Natural Science and Engineering Research (NSERC) postgraduate scholarship. He successfully completed the Western Certificate/Diploma in University Teaching and Learning from The University of Western Ontario.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
- 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 2 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
$195 + taxesRegister
REQUEST A QUOTE
- course updates
- informative articles/papers
- exclusive discounts