Resume Writing for Engineers and Technical Professionals
Apr 12, 2019 /
Course Code: 0417-WEB19
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Write a resume that highlights your education, experience, skills and abilities
- Use your credentials to demonstrate your capabilities
- Demonstrate your ability to communicate as part of a team
- Present your management skills and accomplishments
Do you want to launch a successful job search? Does your résumé showcase your education, experience, skills and abilities? Does it speak to your strengths and highlight your accomplishments?
Learn to create a résumé that communicates clearly and gives you a competitive edge!
In today’s job market, employer needs are constantly evolving. in terms of style and content, your resume should be an informative and attention-grabbing document. Learn the resume writing techniques that present your technical and personal skills and highlight your accomplishments and knowledge! And create cover letters that summarize your strengths and abilities.
- Identify your education, work experience, skills, abilities and accomplishments
- Review resume formats; pick the one that will work best for you
- Use action verbs when outlining your skills, abilities and accomplishments
- Customize your resume to the job(s) you are applying for
- Customize a cover letter that sells your skills, abilities and accomplishments
Who Should Attend
Anyone looking to write a more effective resume
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Paul has been a professional writer and writing instructor for over 25 years. He works as a freelance writer, copywriter, editor, media relations consultant and writing workshop leader. Paul has developed and taught report writing, business writing, copywriting, media relations, and other seminars for corporate and non-profit clients and students enrolled in training courses offered by the University of Toronto.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
- 0.1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 1 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
$75 + taxesRegister
REQUEST A QUOTE
- course updates
- informative articles/papers
- exclusive discounts