Internet Security Tools for Technical Professionals
May 14, 2019 /
Course Code: 0507-WEB19
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Secure your mobile devices using leading anti-virus and anti-spyware programs.
- Use two-step authentication to add an extra level of security when accessing the Internet.
- Create strong passwords and use a password manager to store and organize your secret entry codes.
- Use encryption apps to protect sensitive files and correspondence.
- Be notified if your email account is compromised.
This course provides a concise overview of leading Internet security resources, tools and strategies that can be used by technical professionals to step up their security posture – online and off.
The presentation explains how to Identify and respond to leading online threats, check if your personal information has been hacked, use “bug bounties” to test for system vulnerabilities, verify if a website is secure, use virtual private networks to protect your online communications, create information security policies, develop cyber-security awareness in your workplace and much more.
- Big-Picture Cyber-Security Facts and Trends
- The Single Most Important Security Practice
- Mobile Security Tips
- Wi-Fi Security
- Encrypting Smartphone Communications
- Cyber Security Planning: Key First Steps
- Security Checklists for the Enterprise
- The Evolving Threat Landscape
- Starter Security Strategy for Engineers
Who Should Attend:
Those practitioners who the Internet and mobile devices to work, collaborate and share engineering information including:
- design engineers
- facility engineers
- engineering consultants
- material managers
- facility operators
- chemical laboratory personnel
- environmental scientists
- hazardous materials trainers.
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
InstructorGarrett Wasny, MA, CMC, CITP
Garrett has more than two decades of Internet experience and is an award-winning Internet speaker, webcaster, professional development technologist and former management adviser for Price Waterhouse.
Since 1995, he's authored three books (World Business Resources.com, How to Conquer the World, Advanced Googling), published hundreds of articles and columns in leading business and lifestyle publications, and delivered more than 1,000 seminars and webinars on Internet strategy. His clients include Fortune 500 companies and leading accounting, engineering, medical, legal and professional sports organizations worldwide.
Full Disclosure: Garrett is an independent Certified Management Consultant (CMC) who provides objective information, and is not affiliated with Google or any of the technologies discussed in the course.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
- 0.15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
$85 + taxesRegister
REQUEST A QUOTE
- course updates
- informative articles/papers
- exclusive discounts