Site Investigation for Geotechnical Design
Sep 3, 2019 /
Course Code: 0904-WEB19
After participating in this lecture you will be able to:
- Perform site investigation for a typical project
- Interpret the field test results and estimate soil parameters
- Determine proper field and laboratory tests required for your project
Site investigation is generally conducted prior to the start of any construction project to gather crucial information that will influence the design, construction, and environmental assessment of a proposed project. Site investigation could be carried out using both surface site exploration methods (non-intrusive techniques) and subsurface drilling survey (intrusive methods).
This webinar presents various site exploration techniques used in a typical site investigation process including geophysical measurements, geotechnical drilling, sampling and field tests. An overview of selecting proper lab tests for specific site conditions along with geotechnical reporting will also be discussed.
- Purpose of site uinvetigation
- Geophysical measurements
- Geotechnical drilling, bore hole logs
- Soil sampling techniques
- Field and laboratory tests
- Estimating soil parameters from field tests
Who Should Attend
Those who deal with construction related geotechnical engineering issues or need to build background on geotechnical analyses and design including:
- Civil, environmental and transportation engineers/technicians
- Geologists, city and public works officials/planners
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Mohammad is an associate professor of Geotechnical Engineering and director of the Geo-engineering Research Group at Carleton University.
He has over a decade of experience in research, teaching and engineering consulting, and has collaborated extensively with industry leaders worldwide. He has received research grants from the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada, Canada Foundation for Innovation, Transport Canada, and other funding agencies. He has presented short courses, seminars, and guest lectures on various topics related to frontier research in geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineering in Canada, the USA, France, Germany, Italy, India, Iran, and other countries.
He holds a Ph.D. degree in geotechnical engineering from the University of Western Ontario and he is the author of over 50 publications in different areas of geo-engineering. Dr. Rayhani is a registered professional engineer in Ontario.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
$199 + taxes
- 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 2 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- EPIC courses qualify for ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
- course updates
- informative articles/papers
- exclusive discounts