Leadership Beyond your Team: Managing up and Across the Capacity of your Team
Jul 15, 2019 /
Course Code: 0703-WEB19
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Gain strategies you can take immediately to learn the capacity of your team
- Appreciate that team learning is relevant to team work and distribution of leadership
- Understand how leaders facilitate leadership development by creating a common goal
- Understand why the model I-P-O influence teamwork
- Recognize how adaptive leadership enable and sustain subordinate to deliver result
The webinar examines the state of the field regarding leadership in teams. This advance perspective considers leadership as an outcome of team processes (e.g., teamwork and team learning) that provides resources for better team adaptation and performance in subsequent performance cycles. This viewpoint complements but does not replace the perspective of leadership as an input to team processes and performance.
Specific facets of the teaming cycle are reviewed, including the nature of teamwork and interventions designed to facilitate its development, the role of team learning as different from individual learning, and relatively recent advances in understanding shared and distributed leadership (DL). These components of team leadership are cast within an emerging IMOI (inputs, mediators, outcomes, In puts) framework proposed for understanding the cyclical and ongoing nature of teams in organizations.
- Leadership capacity in team
- Developing leadership in team
- Beyond I-P-O models in team
- What is teamwork
- Intervention to developing teamwork
- Information sharing
- Team learning
- Shared leadership / delegate
Who should attend
Managers • Technical Professionals • Directors • Executive Leaders • Aspiring Leaders
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
Gabriel Chartier,MMM, MSM, CD, MA
Gabriel Chartier is a retired Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) commissioned officer and senior educator with over 30 years proven experience specializing in organizational leadership, human interaction, team building, and emotional intelligence. His well-developed capacity to build trusting relationships, enthuse, motivate and encourage collaboration from stakeholders, staff and managements, has proven him to be an invaluable asset to multiple projects. Gabriel undoubtedly leads by example and can successfully motivate and facilitate effective training programs. Skilled in bringing learning to life, Gabriel develops session plans and provides training to staff with varying levels of need including front line leaders. His presentation style is energetic, anecdotal and learner-focused, with a view not only to help participants improve their knowledge levels, but also to enhance their willingness and ability to apply what they’ve learned in a practical setting. Gabriel is a consummate, dedicated professional who understands the leadership challenges that organizations face today; a true educator for the 21st century!.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
$149 + taxes
- 0.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 2 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- EPIC courses qualify for ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
- course updates
- informative articles/papers
- exclusive discounts