Addressing Flaws and Blind spots in Cognitive Biases
Jul 23, 2020 /
Course Code: 0703-WEB20
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Identify cognitive bias core concepts, benefits and challenges
- Highlight leading cognitive bias case studies from multiple industries and professions
- Review how practitioners can overcome cognitive bias
- Discuss key cognitive bias resources and communities online
- Prepare a basic cognitive bias starter strategy for your operations and career
The course provides a concise of cognitive biases or thinking errors. These “brain bugs” may distort perceptions, compromise ethics, trigger inaccurate judgments, and spark illogical interpretations in your technical work. Discover the most common types of cognitive biases in the modern workplace, and how to recognize and address these flaws and blind spots in your “mental firmware”.
- Industry and life examples
- Professional judgment frameworks
- How to use psychology to your advantage
- Cognitive bias in ethical decision making
- Simple and pragmatic steps to overcome bias
Who Should Attend:
Those practitioners who want an introductory and non-technical understanding of artificial intelligence technology including:
Design Engineers • Facility Engineers • Engineering Consultants • Material Managers • Facility Operators • Project Managers
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Eastern TimeTime: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Eastern Time
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
InstructorGarrett Wasny, MA, CMC, CITP
Garrett has more than two decades of Internet experience and is an award-winning Internet speaker, webcaster, professional development technologist and former management adviser for Price Waterhouse.
Since 1995, he's authored three books (World Business Resources.com, How to Conquer the World, Advanced Googling), published hundreds of articles and columns in leading business and lifestyle publications, and delivered more than 1,000 seminars and webinars on Internet strategy. His clients include Fortune 500 companies and leading accounting, engineering, medical, legal and professional sports organizations worldwide.
Full Disclosure: Garrett is an independent Certified Management Consultant (CMC) who provides objective information, and is not affiliated with Google or any of the technologies discussed in the course.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Fee & Credits
$99 + taxes
- 0.15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE
REQUEST A QUOTE
- course updates
- informative articles/papers
- exclusive discounts