Continuing Education Units and Professional Development Hours
A Continuing Education Unit (CEU) is a measure of continuing education which can assist professionals in maintaining their license in their profession. Engineers and Technical Professionals in Canada generally need to maintain some measure of continuing education or professional development. Ten hours of participation in an educational or professional development program (Professional Development Hours - PDHs) equals one CEU.
EPIC is authorized by the Engineering Institute of Canada (EIC) as a provider of CEUs, which can be converted to professional development hours (PDHs).
One of the primary objectives of the EIC is Continuing Education and CEU Recognition, and EPIC is proud to be included as an EIC Quality Provider.
"The EIC accredits and recognizes Quality Providers of engineering continuing education after assessing the provider’s learning development and delivery processes. The EIC authorizes such Providers to award EIC continuing education units, the "EIC CEU" for eligible training activities and to use the EIC logo as evidence of such accreditation."
- The Engineering Institute of Canada
Participants who meet all course requirements receive an official record of their earned CEUs on their certificates of completion. Your earned CEUs will be registered with EIC after the successful completion of the course. All these registrations are confidential, as ensured by the EIC, and they will also provide transcripts of activity to any registered individuals upon request. This provides an efficient way for technical professionals to keep track of professional development and continuing education.
CEUs are recognized by most Engineering Associations in Canada:
- Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGGA)
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (APEGBC)
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of Manitoba (APEGM)
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick (APEGNB)
- Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL)
- Association of Professional Engineers of Nova Scotia (APENS)
- Northwest Territories and Nunavut Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists (NAPEG)
- PEO - Professional Engineers Ontario
- Association of Professional Engineers of Prince Edward Island (APEPEI - PEI Engineers)
- Ordre des Ingenieurs du Quebec (OIQ)
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Association of Professional Engineers of Yukon (APEY)
OACETT - Continuing Professional Development
EPIC courses can help members of the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) earn requirements for their Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
"OACETT’s CPD program provides a framework for certified members to guide their professional development choices. The program requires OACETT members to complete a minimum amount of professional development over a three-year cycle in order to maintain their membership. "
- Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists
Professional Engineers of Ontario - PEAK
PEO has made its Practice Evaluation and Knowledge (PEAK) program mandatory for members. This will require licence holders to acquire 30 hours of continuing professional development (CPD) annually. EPIC’s instructor-led training provides a powerful and interactive method of attaining hours. Check out our current course listing today.