Advanced Permeable Pavement Design and Construction
Feb 25, 2022 /
Course Code: 0203-WEB22
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the key input parameters for the successful design of permeable asphalt, concrete and interlocking concrete block pavements.
- To understand the impact of permeable pavement design features.
- Have the ability to design a permeable pavement for both structural and hydrologic capacity.
- Utilize previously impervious infrastructure to reduce the impact of peak stormwater runoff and improve stormwater quality.
- Communicate and promote sustainable pavement design and construction.
The use of permeable pavements for stormwater management is gaining rapid acceptance across North America. While permeable pavements have been around for a long-time, poor performance is not unusual. This webinar highlights best practices for the design, construction and long-term maintenance of asphalt, concrete and interlocking concrete permeable pavements. Lessons learned from the preparation of a new ASCE Standard for the Design of Permeable Pavements is presented.
This course covers:
- Overview of pavement surface types
- Permeable pavement site characterization
- Risk matrix for the evaluation of the suitability of a permeable pavement for a specific site location
- Design detailing for permeable pavements
- Lessons learned from the construction and maintenance of permeable pavements
Who Should Attend
- Architects and engineers involved in infrastructure design
- Landscape architects
- Provincial and municipal agencies
- Stormwater professionals
- Geotechnical and materials engineers
- Pavement designers
- Hydrology professionals
- Stormwater management professionals
- Private sector developers
Please note: You can check other time zones here.
David Hein, P.Eng. is a consulting Civil Engineer with over 35 years of experience in the design, evaluation and management of transportation infrastructure. He recently retired from Applied Research Associates, Inc. of Toronto, Ontario. He is the past president of the American Society of Civil Engineers Transportation and Development Institute (ASCE T&DI), chair of the Workforce Development Council and chair of 5 engineering standards committees.
He is a long term member of the Transportation Association of Canada (TAC), Past-Chair of the pavements committee and member of the Workforce Development Council and past members of the Transportation Research Board pavement management, pavement maintenance and pavement preservation committees. He has represented Canada on the World Road Association (WRA) pavements and asset management committees since 2002 and is currently the Vice-Chair of the Canadian National Committee to the WRA. He also recently stepped down after 10 years as Executive Director of the Falling Weight Deflectometer User Group.
He has been involved in numerous national and international research, evaluation and asset management projects for Federal, State, Provincial and Municipal agencies and many of the public/private/ partnership highway construction projects across Canada and the United States.
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
We always want to improve the quality of our courses. Please select any reasons why you feel this course is inadequate (check all that apply).
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Fee & Credits
$115 + taxes
- 0.15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- ECAA Annual Professional Development Points
REQUEST A QUOTE
Canada Job Grant
Your company may be eligible for funding! LEARN MORE