Advanced Design and Behaviour of Steel Structures
After participating in this course you will be able to:
- Understand the three-dimensional modeling aspects and techniques of steel industrial buildings
- Understand and quantify the concept of structure stability and buckling of columns
- Understand the stability concepts of beam-columns and the lateral torsional buckling of steel beams
- Design steel plate girders and crane-supporting steel girders with the provisions of CSA Standard CAN/CSA-S16-14
- Understand the behaviour and design of steel connections
Topics covered in this course include: three-dimensional modeling aspects and techniques of steel structures, behaviour of steel structures and industrial buildings, the concepts of structure stability and buckling of columns, the stability concepts for beam-columns, buckling analysis of frames using finite element modelling, lateral torsional buckling of steel beams, design of crane-supporting steel girders, plate girders, and steel connections.
Course Outline :
- Lateral Load resisting systems for industrial steel buildings
- Three-dimensional modelling techniques for industrial structures
- Example of an industrial building model using ETABS
- Concepts of stability for compression members and columns
- Concepts of stability and buckling of beam-columns
- Lateral torsional buckling of steel beams
- Design of plate girders
- Design of crane Girders/Runways
- Behaviour and Design of steel connections
Who Should Attend:
- Structural/Design Engineers
- Engineering Consultants
- Project Managers
- City Engineers
- Building Inspectors
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW