Basics of Design & Inspection of Pre-Stressed and Post Tensioned Concrete Structures
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Use the basics and principals of pre-stressed and post-tensioned concrete in the design of residential, commercial buildings, parking garages and other structures.
- Apply the knowledge gained at the seminar in the design and inspection of pre-stressed and post tensioned concrete structures
- Develop different tendon paths to optimize the member design
- Analyze the effect of the tendon’s force on the structural member in shear, normal stresses and deflection
- Design beams using different pre-stressing and post-tensioned techniques
This seminar introduces different techniques used in the pre-stressing process and demonstrates the effect of pre-stressing force on members. The design procedures of different members such as beams and slabs are presented. It also covers practical examples relating to the use of post-tensioning members. Theoretical concepts and practical methods to design, create structural drawings and inspect the structural members are discussed.
Thorough understanding of the course material is ensured by including several design examples and solving them in design workshops.
- Theory and process
- Materials and tendon profiles
- Shear effect of pre-stressing forces
- Design of end zones and types of losses
- Post tensioning considerations
- Detailing of pre-stressed elements
- Checking of shop drawings
- General inspection guidelines
Who Should Attend
Civil Engineers • Structural Engineers • Designers • Consulting Architects • Consulting Engineers • Construction Engineers • Fabricators and Manufacturers of Structural Systems • Municipal Building Officials • Field Reviewers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW