Design of Steel Bridges
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Select an efficient structure for different bridge configurations
- Provide cost-effective solutions for bridge construction
- Evaluate loads and load combinations
- Determine dynamic loading, including seismic factors
- Prepare a detailed design for all steel bridge components
Bridges are the most important part of transportation infrastructure. The design, development and worldwide construction of bridges represent the most challenging achievements in civil engineering. This course presents structural design of steel bridges and covers both superstructures and substructures. An overview of the analysis and design of different short, medium and long span bridges will be covered.
The course provides the basic principles of strength, serviceability, fatigue analysis, redundancy and load path, as well as seismic analysis. Numerous examples and case studies are presented in detail for highway and railway bridges.
- Steel bridge main components
- Selecting the bridge type
- Highway and railway bridge design loads
- Composite construction in bridge decks
- Seismic design
- Introduction to modeling for non-linear seismic analysis
- Long span bridge presentations: cable stay and suspension bridges
- Major rehabilitation of steel bridges - case studies
- Design examples
Who Should Attend
Highway Agency Managers and Engineers • Railway Bridge Engineers • Consulting Engineers • Structural Engineers • Design Engineers • Superintendents • Contractors • Fabricators • Construction Foremen • Material Suppliers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW