Diagnosing Defects in Aging Concrete Structures and Developing Effective Repair Solutions
After participating in the seminar, you will be able to do the following:
- Diagnose durability problems
- Apply non-destructive testing methods
- Design surface repair strategies
- Identify the best materials for repair
- Achieve cost effectiveness in restoration projects
Despite the costly and tragic failures of some North American concrete structures, there is currently a lack of guidelines and procedures for assessing, testing, classifying, and prioritizing preventive and corrective action for these structures. This course focuses on training participants to properly diagnose the root causes of damage in concrete structures, to develop effective repair strategies, and select the right repair materials.
Case studies and observations of existing structures will enhance the learning process, and participants will have the opportunity to discuss real cases that they have been exposed to in their professional practice.
- Mechanisms of premature damage in concrete structures
- Non-destructive testing methods for hidden defects
- Surface repair methods for concrete structures.
- Epoxy injection of cracks
- Repairing and strengthening using fibre-reinforced polymers
- Condition survey of concrete structures
- Failure analysis and forensic engineering
Who Should Attend:
Designers, Construction and Structural Engineers • Project Managers • Technicians and Technologists • Engineers in Training • Construction Inspectors • Inspection Officials • Facility Managers • Architects
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW