Ensuring Compliance with the 2020 National Building Code
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- develop valuable knowledge on key parts and interpretation of the National Building Code of Canada 2020
- discover what the new areas of the NBC including Division B Part 2 (Large Farm buildings)
- find out how the objective based codes can work to your advantage and save thousands of dollars
- enforce rules of construction in future preventing litigation, reducing risk of costly building
The 2020 National Building Code of Canada and the National Plumbing Code of Canada were both released on March 28th, 2022 and is divided into a number of parts dealing with the size and the use of the building as well as parts dealing with various specialty fields involved in the design of building elements (e.g. Large Farm Buildings, 12 storey combustible buildings, Barrier free, etc.) This course is focused on how to use the 2020 National Building Code. It is of a general nature and will teach you and familiarize you with finding the pertinent section dealing with the subject matter. It specifically deals with the use of the NBC and which parts apply to the different types of buildings.
Students are required to bring their copy of the 2020 National Building Code of Canada to the course. This is an interactive course where you are working with the code as well as the instructor with real examples.
Please note that this is general course without any provincial amendments.
- Large Farm Buildings, (new definitions)
- Fire Protection, Occupant Load, Occupant Safety and Accessibility
- Combustible Construction
- Encapsulated Mass Timber Construction (new)
- Building Size and Construction Relative to Occupancy
- Fire Alarm and Detection
- Additional Requirements for High Buildings
- Emergency Lighting and Power Supply
- Exit Requirements
- Vertical Transportation
Who Should Attend
Building officials • Building code, Architectural and Engineering Consultants • Home Inspectors • Designers • Developers • Individuals who are required to achieve compliance
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW