How to Prevent Weld Failures Based on CSA W59-18
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Produce an engineering specification to repair, modify or make a welded structure
- Understand global comprehension of steel and welding metallurgy
- Understand and specify fundamental rules to avoid weld failures
- Learn about conventional and advanced inspection methods PAUT, DR, CR
- Understand the responsibilities of the owner’s engineer to the CSA W59-18 code requirements
Welding is a complex process and is often misunderstood. Most universities do not teach welding engineering to their engineers; however, engineers are required to assume responsibility for welded structures and bridges per the requirements of CSA W59-18.
This course will provide you with an occasion to understand welding and related processes and their application. This course will also teach you the notion of how to avoid faulty welds in structures by correctly specifying welding and inspection requirements in your contract documents.
This is an interactive course. You are encouraged to bring to the class your welding questions, problems and projects. Remember, there are no stupid questions!
- Case histories of weld failures
- Understanding why the welds failed
- Welding metallurgy for steel
- HAZ and its characteristics
- Welding processes and inspection
- Welding requirements of CSA W59, S-6 and S-16 and ASME
- Welding certification per CSA W47.1 code
- Engineer’s responsibility per CSA W59 code
- Advanced inspection techniques
- How COBOTs are changing the welding world
- Applying Lean to welding operations to prevent failures
Who Should Attend:
Senior and Junior Mechanical and Civil Engineers • Technicians • Plant and Facility Managers • Supervisors • Operations and Maintenance Personnel • Design Engineers • Consultants and Contractors • Inspection Agencies • Lawyers and Insurance Agents
Participants may want to send in any specific welding related questions ahead of time to EPIC, so that potential solutions to these issues can be addressed during the 2 day training session!REQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW