Introduction to Wood Buildings Design
After participating in this course you will be able to:
- Understand the physical and mechanical properties of wood and structural wood products
- Understand the design procedures for wood structures and fire safety
- Design different wood elements in accordance with provisions of CSA standards CAN/CSA O86-14: Axially Loaded Members, Flexural Members and Combined Axial and Flexural Members
- Design wood connectionsÂ
- Understand different wood structural systems
Wood construction has gained significant popularity over the past decade as a sustainable, cost-effective solution for low-rise multi-residential buildings. The push has been to extend the use of wood to mid-rise and high-rise construction for increased density on urban infill projects.
Topics covered in this course include: physical and mechanical properties of wood and structural wood products, design of axially loaded members, flexural members, and combined axial and flexural wood members, design of wood connection and introduction of different wood systems and structural assemblies.
- Introduction to wood and wood structures
- Physical and mechanical properties of wood
- Structural wood products and structural forms
- Design process and code consideration
- Design of axially loaded members
- Design of flexural members
- Design of combined axial and flexural members
- Mechanics of wood in fire
- Design of connections
- Introduction to wood structural systems
Who Should Attend:
Structural Engineers • Design Engineers • Engineering Consultants • Project Engineers/Managers • Contractors • City Engineers • Building Inspectors
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW