Electrical Faults and Power System Protection Basics
After participating in this course, you will:
- Be knowledgeable of the fundamentals of electrical faults in power systems and protections
- Interact more effectively with other work groups involved in electric power system protection and relaying
- Apply knowledge of power system protection in regulatory work related to electric facilities construction and operation
Faults in electric power systems are common, and often they are complex in nature. This course provides an overview of electrical faults in power systems and why they occur. It explains the types of faults that often occur in electricity generation, transmission and distribution systems and the damages they may cause to an electric power system. It also explains the impact of electrical faults and electric shock on the human body when exposed to them.
In addition to explaining the types of faults, this course describes the various types of protective devices used in electric power systems designed to identify and isolate electrical faults to minimize the damage.
This course is intended to provide a clear understanding of electrical faults in power systems to professionals who, although qualified in their disciplines, may not have received specific training related to power system faults and protections. Electrical faults are complex, but the course avoids rigorous mathematical analysis to provide a more practical overview of electrical faults and protection systems.
- Power System Faults and Protections
- Faults and Power System Stability
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for:
- Individuals who are associated with power system-related work
- Legal services
- Engineers from disciplines other than electrical engineering
- Technicians involved in power systems,
- Professionals from the oil and gas industries will find this course useful.
- Professionals who need to refresh their current experience and knowledge of the fundamentals of power system protection.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW