Electricity Fundamentals for Non-Electrical Professionals
After participating in this course, you will:
- Be knowledgeable of electricity principles, how they apply in electric power systems, elements of power systems, electricity generation and overview of electricity transmission and distribution
- Interact more effectively with other work groups involved in electric power system planning, operation and maintenance
- Apply knowledge of power systems in regulatory work related to electric facilities construction and operation
The course explains the fundamental principles of the electric power system. It describes step by step about electricity fundamentals, what constitutes an electric power system, how it works, electricity generation types, active and reactive power and power system losses. The course also describes single and three-phase configurations of power generation, transmission and distribution, balanced and unbalanced power and the concept of power flow studies.
The course is intended to provide a clear understanding of electricity fundamentals and electric power systems to professionals who, although qualified in their own disciplines, may have yet to receive formal electrical engineering training. However, the course is also designed to benefit engineers seeking to refresh their knowledge of electricity basics and power system fundamentals.
- Electricity Basics
- What Constitutes a Power System
- Active and Reactive Power
- Single and Three Phase Systems
- Concepts of Power Flow Study
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for individuals associated with power system-related work but do not have a direct power system background. For example, regulators, legal services, engineers from disciplines other than electrical engineering, technicians involved in power system-related work, professionals from oil and gas industries, and electricity export/import market specialists will find this course useful. In addition, professionals who need to refresh their current experience and knowledge of electricity basics and power system fundamentalsREQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW