Fire Alarm System Documentation
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- develop an awareness of the documentation requirements for the installation, verification, testing and maintenance of fire alarm systems in Canada
- recognize the requirements in the National Building Code for new construction sites and the National Fire Code for existing buildings on the maintenance of these systems
- discover the requirements of the ULC Standards for installation (ULC S524), verification (ULC 537) and inspection (ULC S536) of these systems.
- enhance your knowledge of the type of reports and documents required.
- identify the type of documents provided by designers, manufacturers and service companies.
- recognize the importance of documents being on-site during the life cycle of fire alarm systems in accordance with the codes and standards
This webinar provides an overview of Fire Alarm System documentation required when systems are designed, installed and maintained in buildings.
Engineers and Designers are required to ensure these documents form part of the System when they are designed and installed in accordance with the National Building Code. Building Owners and Property Managers are required to ensure that these documents form part of the ongoing maintenance of these systems in accordance with the National Fire Code of Canada.
This webinar will provide an overview of the following ULC Standards that are referenced in the National Building and Fire Codes:
- CAN/ULC S524 Standard for the Installation of Fire Alarm Systems;
- CAN/ULC S537 Standard for the Verification of Fire Alarm Systems;
- CAN/ULC S536 Standard for the Inspection and Testing of Fire Alarm Systems
- Codes and Regulations
- Installation of Fire Alarm Systems
- Verification of Fire Alarm Systems
- Inspection and Testing of Fire Alarm Systems
- National Building Code 2020 Edition
- National Fire Code 2020 Edition
Who Should Attend
- Engineers, Architects, Designers and Contractors for newly constructed buildings
- Facility Managers, technicians, property managers and superintendents for existing buildings
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW