Heat Exchanger Fundamentals: Specification & Design
After completing this webinar, you will be able to:
- Better understand the underlying principles of design of heat exchanger systems
- Make sound decision about the feasibility of application of given system
- Use appropriate procedure for selection and sizing of the elements of the system
- Highlight the fundamentals of heat exchangers, specification and the right selection for the given application.
- Explain the main principles of heat transfer as a prerequisite for the good performance.
- Describe the engineering approach to the design of these systems
- Indicate some of the challenges in the operation of these systems
- Fundamentals of Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow: Choice of Working Fluid
- Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Configurations (TEMA)
- Major Components of Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers: Tube Bundle and Baffles
- Thermal Design and Effectiveness
- Hydraulic Design: Fluid Flow and Pumping Power Calculation
- Material Selection and Fabrication Techniques
- Specifics of Other Types of Heat Exchangers: Plate Types and Air-Cooled Types
- Performance Validation
- Problems in Operation: Fouling, Scaling, Corrosion and Erosion
- Maintenance and Repairs: Tube Leaking and Re-tubing
- Summary and Conclusions
Who should attend:
- The course is intended for those involved in selecting, procurement, and operation of heat exchangers in various industries,
Project engineers • Process engineers • Mechanical engineers • Plant and Maintenance engineers
- Facilities engineers • Engineering technologists
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW